Thanks for stopping by. I’m Kelly Molson, co-founder and managing director of Rubber Cheese, an award winning digital agency partnering with brands in the visitor attraction, museum and food & drink sectors.
Once upon a time I was a designer with branding, packaging and web design as my bread and butter. Now you’ll find me out meeting clients, running digital workshops or improving our own internal process to make Rubber Cheese as amazing as it can be.
I’ve successfully grown a small business during the country’s worst economic downturn, and our team based on the Herts/Essex border is now trusted digital partners to Chivas Brothers, Plymouth Gin, Eureka! The National Children’s Museum and Mathematics Mastery to name a few.
I’m passionate about the value of networking and relationships, having built the business on that very foundation.
12 slightly different things you may not know about me.
- I love a sausage roll, pork pie or scotch egg. Don’t make me choose.
- 2014 I was honoured to become a Great Taste Award judge and spent 2 days in beautiful Dorset tasting all kinds of food and drink.
- My all time favourite business book is “How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie.
- I have a mini allotment in my garden and love to grown my own vegetables to cook with (except peas, NEVER peas).
- On the flip side, I can’t even keep a cactus alive inside the house.
- I won a Blue Peter badge when I was 11. My business partner Paul has one too, weirdly for the same competition.
- Football has always been a big love of mine and I still go to watch Spurs as much as possible.
- When I was at school I wanted to be a dancer on the West End stage. I became a graphic designer instead as I was a better problem solver than mover.
- I’m co-founder of double award winning Grub Club Cambridge – networking events for food & drink professionals.
- I live in Saffron Walden with my future husband Lee, Doris the miniature Dachshund and Ralph the resuce. Lee is an award winning wedding photographer and I could not be more proud of him.
- We’ve been through and still are going through the IVF process.
- We are both members of #TeamArthur and attempt challenges to raise money for Arthur Rank Hospice. I lost a toenail running the Cambridge half marathon.
Organisations I support:
Arthur Rank Hospice – I’m proud to be part of #TeamArthur, a group of fundraisers for Arthur Rank Hospice, a very special charity based in Cambridge.
FoodCycle – A national charity that combines volunteers, surplus food and spare kitchen spaces to create tasty, nutritious meals for people at risk of food poverty and social isolation.
You can contact me on Twitter @TheChiefCheese I love a chat.